Sunday, June 12, 2011

bakin' up a storm.

In the midst of graduating from college and moving home for the summer, I found time to bake a few things, too. As you can probably guess, I really enjoy baking for my friend's birthdays! It's a great time to try out new, usually excessive recipes that I wouldn't get a chance to make normally.

monkey bread.

for Mary and Laura's birthday:
chocolate peanut butter cake (glaze omitted so we didn't die from a sugar coma).

pumpkin muffins (minus the cream cheese filling.)
irish soda bread (a combination of many recipes, I believe).

banana chocolate chip bread.

for my roommate, Kate's, (early) birthday:
tres leches cake & black-bottom cupcakes.

and for Jessie's birthday...
  the rainbow cake! (with a double batch of this icing.)

And here's a few of the other things that I've baked recently that I didn't get pictures of... Spiced Applesauce Bread. Peanut Butter Banana Bread (with added chocolate chips) . Strawberry Shortcake Cookies.

P.S. I think my obsession with smitten kitchen is completely obvious after this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment