Sunday, July 31, 2011

what do you want out of this year?

During a recent conversation with my uncle about my upcoming experience as a Jesuit Volunteer, he asked me the following question (which is a very good question that I've been asking myself as well): "What do you want out of this year?"

I rambled for a long time as an answer, but here is a brief statement of how I would answer if I could do it over again:

Everything.
Change.
Growth.
Peace.
Challenges.
Relationships.
Love.
Tears.
Laughter.
Adventure.
Explorations.
To make an impact (however big or small).
A better, more developed idea of who I am and the path I am going down.
More runs.
A Boston library card.

But in the end, this is perhaps how I should have answered him:

It's not about what I want or what I get. 
It's about what I give. 
And it's about being open to everything I receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment