Saturday, February 4, 2012

they say it's your birthday.

So, I'm not going to lie: while there have been definite positives, overall, when I think back over these past few weeks, I feel like they were collectively some of the hardest ones since I started JVC. It's been busy and more than a little emotionally draining. 

However, in the midst of all of that, my twenty-third birthday happened. S. Nancy's is on January 21, so it was the quite the birthday season at Casserly House!



It was a lot of fun; we surprised S. Nancy with food and cake for her birthday, and then they surprised me with a cake for mine (the kids of the After School Program were probably more excited than I was about the cake though, let's be honest).

Outside of work, my birthday itself was really nice. I did most of my celebrating the weekend before, where I baked cookies & cream cupcakes (I have this thing where I like to bake my own birthday cake) and celebrated with friends. Then, on my actual birthday, my roommates cooked dinner for me and made some other treats.

delicious cupcakes i made. cake recipe here, frosting here.

And I can't forget the pieces of home that made the day special too, like packages, cards, and of course, Hoeckele's coffee cake from my parents (!!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment