Monday, April 25, 2011

this is country music.

There are a lot of people who don't like country music; it's too twangy, too redneck, too... country. However, I'm not one of them; in fact, I absolutely love the stuff. I'm from a small town in the Midwest, so I suppose this isn't that surprising.

To me, country music is about a feeling, a time, a place. Country music takes me home again, no matter where I am. I love country music because it's real. It's honest--sometimes brutally so. Most importantly, country music is down to earth. And at the end of the day, country songs get a part of me that no other music does.

Brad Paisley's recent song, "This Is Country Music," hits the nail on the head of all of the reasons why I love country music.
Yeah, this is country music.
So turn it on, turn it up, and sing along
This is real; this is your life in a song
Just like a road that takes you home
Yeah, this is right where you belong
Here's a few more of my recent favorite country songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment