Sunday, April 17, 2011

buttermilk biscuits.

There's been a lot going on in these past few weeks, including birthdays, formals, drafts of papers, meetings, and much more. In the midst of everything, I've been trying to wrap my head around the fact that I graduate in just a few short weeks, and I've been (mostly) failing.


This morning, however, I dragged myself out of bed and headed straight to the oven. Something about measuring, mixing, and cutting out uniform rounds of dough is comforting. When I can control nothing else, I can control this. So, yes, these are my final days of college, and I'm choosing to talk about biscuits rather than the jumble of thoughts in my head.

Because sometimes writing about food is easier than writing about feelings--especially if I'm not sure how I feel right now.


My past attempts at making biscuits from scratch have failed miserably. Finally, thanks to this recipe, I think I've had a breakthrough. I mean, my biscuits still aren't perfect, but they're getting better. I'm getting closer...in more ways than one.

But for now, you'll have to excuse me. I have papers to write, places to go, and biscuits to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment