Sunday, March 27, 2011

living in the in between.

I wrote this a few weeks ago, and while I now do know what I will be doing next year (more about that soon!!!), much of it is still applicable to how I'm feeling and where I am at the current moment.


The final semester of college is a strange place to live. All of us seniors are still here, but at the same time, we're not. My friends are either trying to find jobs or making decisions about grad/med/law schools, and I'm really proud of them. When I say I have accomplished friends, I mean it. And I mean it in ways that go just beyond acceptance letters from Ivy League schools (even though some of them are getting those too!). My friends really are intelligent, talented, caring, beautiful people. I feel proud to know them and to be a part of their lives.

However, while some of us know where we will be next year already, most of us (myself included) are still playing the waiting game. The ball's out of our court, as we check our emails and phones every half hour, anxiously awaiting news.

I think what I am learning these days, however, is to embrace this time of in-between, where I'm still in college, but I'm also getting closer and closer to knowing what form the next step will mean for me. I'm still at SLU, but my heart is slowly starting to prepare itself to move on. I have never loved being here more, but I'm also aware that those feelings are partly because I know I have to leave.

However, even though I'm getting ready to leave, I haven't left yet. And I'm determined to make the most of what time I do have left.

So, here's to living in the present and enjoying the in between. 

 picture via PostSecret [a very long time ago]

No comments:

Post a Comment