Some days just call for certain types of music, and today is one of those days. It's rainy and chilly outside, and all I want to do is curl up in bed and either take a nap, watch a movie, or listen to music. (Or all of the above.) Rainy days are perfect for quiet, dreamy music with a healthy dose of nostalgia. Here's the playlist that will be playing on my iTunes for the rest of the evening.
- Jack Johnson: "Banana Pancakes" | The song that inspired the idea of this playlist. One of my personal favorite Jack Johnson songs.
- Maroon 5: "Sunday Morning" | "But things just get so crazy, living life gets hard to do. And I would gladly hit the road get up and go if I knew that someday it would lead me back to you."
- Copeland: "Coffee" | This is one of my all time favorite songs. Listen to it if nothing else on this list.
- The Postal Service: "Sleeping In" | Appropriate for days that aren't in November too.
- James Taylor: "Fire & Rain" | A classic.
- Jewel: "You Were Meant For Me" | 90's flashback.
- William Fitzsimmons: "They'll Never Take the Good Years" | The entire CD is great. Listen to it.
- John Mayer: "St. Patrick's Day" | Old school John Mayer. Also in honor of the upcoming holiday. "Everybody, it seems to me, wants to be just like you & me."
- Taylor Swift: "Come In With the Rain" | T-Swift b-side. Can't beat it.
- The Bens: "Bruised" | A few of my favorite artists singing one of my favorite songs.
- Third Eye Blind: "Deep Inside of You" | 90's flashback, take two.
- Mat Kearney: "Fire & Rain" | Different song from the James Taylor version. Also great.
- Something Corporate: "She Paints Me Blue" | So dreamy.
- The Beatles: "Blackbird" | Because I can't make a playlist without a Beatles song.
photo via we heart it