Tuesday, March 8, 2011

rainy day playlist.

It's midterm week, it's raining, and I just spent almost three hours straight working on Accounting homework. While there's basically no way to make that a fun situation, it was made much more bearable by the fact that I was sitting in my favorite coffee shop, drinking chai tea, and there was great music playing. All it took was one listen to Jack Johnson's "Banana Pancakes" for me to start thinking about my favorite rainy day music.

Some days just call for certain types of music, and today is one of those days. It's rainy and chilly outside, and all I want to do is curl up in bed and either take a nap, watch a movie, or listen to music. (Or all of the above.)  Rainy days are perfect for quiet, dreamy music with a healthy dose of nostalgia. Here's the playlist that will be playing on my iTunes for the rest of the evening.
  • Jack Johnson: "Banana Pancakes" | The song that inspired the idea of this playlist. One of my personal favorite Jack Johnson songs.
  • Maroon 5: "Sunday Morning" | "But things just get so crazy, living life gets hard to do. And I would gladly hit the road get up and go if I knew that someday it would lead me back to you."
  • Copeland: "Coffee" | This is one of my all time favorite songs. Listen to it if nothing else on this list.
  • The Postal Service: "Sleeping In" | Appropriate for days that aren't in November too.
  • James Taylor: "Fire & Rain" | A classic.
  • Jewel: "You Were Meant For Me" | 90's flashback.
  • William Fitzsimmons: "They'll Never Take the Good Years" | The entire CD is great. Listen to it.
  • John Mayer: "St. Patrick's Day" | Old school John Mayer. Also in honor of the upcoming holiday. "Everybody, it seems to me, wants to be just like you & me."
  • Taylor Swift: "Come In With the Rain" | T-Swift b-side. Can't beat it.
  • The Bens: "Bruised" | A few of my favorite artists singing one of my favorite songs.
  • Third Eye Blind: "Deep Inside of You" | 90's flashback, take two.
  • Mat Kearney: "Fire & Rain" | Different song from the James Taylor version. Also great.
  • Something Corporate: "She Paints Me Blue" | So dreamy.
  • The Beatles: "Blackbird" | Because I can't make a playlist without a Beatles song.
    I feel like I used to make a lot more playlists, but ever since I discovered Pandora, that habit has gone out the window.  Maybe this will be inspiration to get back to it; I'm seeing at least one spring break trip playlist in my future!

    photo via we heart it

    No comments:

    Post a Comment